Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Legends of Gath #47; School's Out for Summer, School's Out Forever!

Just to clarify, anyone who died during the apocalypse was barred from the afterlife and condemned to a never ending undeath - first as a zombie then rotting away until the animated skeleton remained. 

     Anyone who survived the apocalypse was cursed to a life of mutation and disease - the gibbering mutants. The skeletons and mutants live in parallel worlds. The mutants are effectively invisible to the skeletons because they are evil. On the other side, the mutants tend to give the skellies a wide birth because they are kind of scary. 

     Any pure strain humans encountered have wandered into Gath from lands not cursed by God. Most of these humans are neutral to lawful good, but there are some foul sorts looking for plunder and wickedness.

     The humans who fled Gath and are now living on the oribital colonies are a whole other deal. 

     Also on the subject of undead, there are occasional shadows, mummies and ghouls encountered in locked bunkers.

     At least I think that's how it works. It almost doesn't matter, really. 

     It is important to note that over at Save Vs. Poison DM Wieg wrote up a great Skellie Boy class perfect for the skeleton who is self aware and wants to take salvation into his own bony hands. > LINK <

7 comments:

  1. Man, I could loot some Bailey's...it's been a while since I've had a White Russian. Or was it a B-52? One had Kaluha. I don't remember.

    The background stuff is fascinating. Of course, every time I read "Gath" I think of the James Silk books based on Frank Frazetta's "Death Dealer" character (named "Gath of Baal" in the the novels). Man, those are terrible (and I've read most of them)...your little vignettes are soooo much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm sure I've probably mentioned all that before. Jeez.

      Delete
    2. The baileys is magnificent. I used to have a teaching assistant and I was required to smell her coffee cup on the sly because we were all pretty sure she came to work smashed. Oh, good times.

      I'll have to take a look at those books you mentioned. The Old Testament is such a trip. Sorcerers, dark gods, enemy clerics getting roasted by hell fire...it's a heck of a ride. I can see why it's inspired so much fantasy. :)

      I started writing this during Passover, thinking it'd all be over by mid-June. Heh. I used to run it online during short, 30 min solo sessions. I think once the school year gets rolling I might give it a shot again...or just let it roll through my imagination untouched.

      As always thank you for the kind words. Coming from you it means a lot. :)

      Delete
  2. Bony Old Bitty! Seems like she is based on my 1st grade teacher!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? God, I think we all endured at least one of those old burnouts who were way past retirement.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Old Gregg and this teacher would get along well. :)

      Delete