Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Conversion Experience: Blue

The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys #2
Dark Horse; July 2013; 3.99

Blue is a pleasure android who resides in Battery City, which is a totalitarian state controlled by BL/ind (Better Living Industries). Blue lives with Red, another pleasure android. Red, who has red hair and lips, is hopelessly addicted to a kind of battery pack that provides energy while destroying the ability to recharge normally. Red cannot work as a result, so Blue has to do all that she can to help.

     In this issue we see Blue battling the robotic bureaucracy of the robot social services. Despite her heroic efforts, in the end Blue is told that Red cannot qualify for a new battery pack. Because she is an outdated model, Red will be converted into a communications satellite and launched into orbit.

     Today's conversion features Fate Accelerated.

BLUE
Battery City pleasure android

ASPECTS 
High Concept: Pleasure android who is loyal to a fault
-
Trouble: I've got to take care of Red
-
Other Aspects: Why, yes, I am fully functional.

APPROACHES 
Careful: +3
Clever: +2
Flashy: +2
Forceful: +0
Quick: +1
Sneaky: +1

STUNTS 
I'm a Pro
     Because I'm a Pro, I get a +2 when I Flashily create advantages when I am conversing with someone.

Second Class Citizen
     Because I'm a Second Class Citizen, I get a +2 when I Carefully defend against a mental attack.

     May take one more stunt without losing a stress box. 

STRESS: [_][_][_]

CONSEQUENCES 
Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Severe (6):

REFRESH: 3

Current FATE Points: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment