Sunday, August 11, 2013

Conversion Experience: The Mysterious Strangers #1

The Mysterious Strangers #1
Oni Press; June 2013; $3.99

Illustrated by the masterful Scott Kowalchuk and written by Chris Roberson, The Mysterious Strangers is a fun, kitschy comic.

     The first issue briefly features the deadly Miss Styx and her four Beauty Queen Cultists. Few details are provided, but it's pretty clear that Miss Styx has a thing for inciting mass terror, hurting innocents and big, flashy displays of violence. On his blog, Mr. Kowalchuk mentioned that we will be seeing more of Miss Styx, so I am quite pleased.

     Below is a treatment of Miss Styx and her Beauty Queen cultists in my system du jour, Fate Accelerated.

MISS STYX
fiendish criminal

ASPECTS
High Concept: Criminal leader of the Beauty Queen Cultists
-
Trouble: I am wanted everywhere for everything.
-
Other Aspects: The Beauty Queen Cultists Do My Bidding

APPROACHES
Careful: +1 Clever: +2 Flashy: +3 Forceful: +2 Quick: +2 Sneaky: +0

STUNTS
Fear Is A Weapon
     Because Fear Is a Weapon, I get a +2 when I attempt to Flashily create advantages when trying to intimidate someone.

Shoot First, Ask Questions Later. (No, Forget That. Just Shoot Again.)
     Because I Shoot First, Ask Questions Later, I get a +2 when I Forcefully attack opponents with a gun.

STRESS: [_][_][_]

CONSEQUENCES
Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Severe (6):

REFRESH: 3

Current FATE Points: 3


THE BEAUTY QUEEN CULTISTS (4)
Glitter makeup and AKs

Skilled (+2) at: Beauty pageants, suppressing fire
Bad (-2) at: Current events, geography, relationships
Stress: [_][_]

No comments:

Post a Comment