Saturday, August 10, 2013

Conversion Experience: David Reid

Day Men #1
Boom! Studios; July 2013; $3.99

For thousands of years, the world has been controlled by the “50 Families” - a secret network of vampire covens engaged in a timeless struggle for power. But when the sun rises, the vampires are forced to employ the services of a human who acts as their daytime fixer and protector. Trained for centuries to be the mortal soldiers of their vampire employers, the Day Men go forth at sunrise, alone into the world, to do the bidding of their sleeping benefactors.

     In this first issue we meet David Reid, the new Day Man of the Virgo family. We don't learn much about David beyond his profession and combat capabilities, but with that basic information a Fate Accelerated conversion is possible.

DAVID REID
a young day man caught up in a war that will last centuries

ASPECTS 
High Concept: Day Man of the Virgo family
-
Trouble: I will spend the rest of my life bathed in blood
-
Other Aspects: I was trained by Blackwill, Casey Kennedy is my breakfast buddy

APPROACHES 
Careful: +1
Clever: +1
Flashy: +2
Forceful: +2
Quick: +3
Sneaky: +0

STUNTS 
Ancestral Weapon of the Virgos
     Because I wield the Ancestral Weapon of the Virgos, I get a +2 when I Quickly attack opponents in combat.

Anticipation
     Because I know that fighting vampires is all about Anticipation, I get an extra shift when I am successful with an attack. This stunt can be invoked for free once per scene.

     One more stunt can be taken without reducing stress. 

STRESS: [_][_][_]

CONSEQUENCES
Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Severe (6):

REFRESH: 3

Current FATE Points: 3

5 comments:

  1. I'm thinking I've got a pretty good bead on this guy's alignment. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker (ha!) for vampires, so I had to pick this title up. It should be interesting to see how Mr. Reid fares in a war between vampires.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. (My spelling sucks today!)

      Don't you mean war between . . . Day Men? ;)

      Delete
    4. Yes, it looks like there will be a battle between the Day Men as well. Lots of intestines should fly in future issues. :)

      Delete