Friday, June 28, 2019

Gearing Up for Gath


I have been feeling the urge to game. Knowing that 5e is so popular these days, I ordered the books on Amazon for $99 and change. I tried to run 5e a few years ago and really struggled. Flipping through the books again, I was reminded of my previous disconnect.

     Fortunately, I still have my copy of White Box, which costs a whopping $5. I mailed the 5e books back today and will start prepping some material for White Box/Labyrinth Lord. Boys, I think it's time to revisit the Wasteland of Gath!

     The Wasteland of Gath was a post-apoc/weird fantasy sandbox developed in my single sheet zine, The Tolling of the Great Black Bell. Several sessions were played individually with some fellow bloggers via Google+. Now that Googly+ is no more, perhaps Facebook video chat may be a good way to go. I hope to resume play mid-July after I return from holiday. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. OMFG WHITE BOOOOOOX I've been carrying my copy around in my shoulder bag, wishing and hoping, but the scrubs around here are not interested. It's an amazing little book and the price is absolutely bonkers good. I've been doodling around with some home brew stuff for it. It begs to be brewed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm at this point in life where I just don't need much more than a little book like White Box or Labyrinth Lord. I just don't have the cognitive capacity or patience for much more.

      Delete
  2. Woo hoo!

    GATH! GATH!! GATH!!!

    Keep us in the loop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading more about the new adventures in Gath!

    ReplyDelete