Saturday, August 24, 2013

Nuke It From Orbit

Coach Bob fends off some ghouls

Today the players in our modern day Call of Cthulhu chronicle witnessed the destruction of an evil treant by way of orbital laser. The satellite is owned by Mattel, so it's kind of a long story.

     With Sanity points among the investigators getting lower and lower, we are going to switch over to Fate Accelerated. I think the system will accommodate our rather silly, yet sometimes dramatic, style quite well.

COACH BOB STAFF
a big man (in small gym shorts) with a heart of gold 

ASPECTS
High Concept: ...for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children
.
Trouble: My girlfriends are just a little crazy
.
Other Aspects: Do you want me to autograph my rookie card for you? 

APPROACHES Careful: +2 Clever: +1 Flashy: +1 Forceful: +3 Quick: +2 Sneaky: +0

STUNTS
Swing for the Fence 
     Because I Swing for the Fence, I get a +2 when I Forcefully attack opponents with a bat.

I’m in Your Trunk
     Because I’m in Your Trunk, once per session I can show up at any location where a fellow member of the Thursday Night Fight Club is to be found.

(Take one more stunt without reducing stress.)

STRESS: 3 boxes

CONSEQUENCES 

     Mild (2):
     Moderate (4):
     Severe (6):

REFRESH: 3

Current FATE Points: 3

7 comments:

  1. Go Bob!

    I have to read through FATE Accelerated. Lots o folks have been singing its praises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of a trip. It literally took me two or three years to wrap my head around the FATE system as it is so different from the traditional mechanics of D&D, especially in regards to the damage mechanic.

      Delete
  2. Funny -- the first thing I thought when I saw the picture was "swing for the fences, Bob!", and then I saw his stunt. Great minds... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Bob jacked that ghoul up. Not a fatality, but close enough. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, Coach Bob is a lot like Merrill now that I think about it. Great reference!

      Delete