Sunday, October 28, 2012

Iron Rations Part I

Devon Ashwood, Aithne of Far Isle and Abel Artone

During the summer of 1986 my friend Todd and I played a fair amount of Basic D&D, Tom Moldvay edition. I don't remember very many details from our sessions. I know that I played an elf, but his name eludes me. My DM used a wonderful supplement called "The Shady Dragon Inn" and from that product came my two adventuring companions.

     Aithne of Far Isle was an older, more competent elf. She was emotionally distant and held my brash character in contempt. Abel Artone was a surly, often brooding, warrior. What he lacked in martial ability, he made up in determination.

     I recall only vague memories from our solo campaign. This series, which I call "Iron Rations", is an attempt to construct a Basic D&D campaign using miniatures, fiction and maps. It is not a true account of my old adventures, but it could have been.

     Below are stat blocks for the three heroes.

Devon Ashwood, Level 1 Elf; Alignment: Lawful; AC: 5 (leather armor, -2 dex); Hit Dice: 1; Hit Points: 6; Attacks: short sword (1d6), short bow (+2 to hit, 1d6 damage); Move: 90’; Languages: Common, Elvish, Orcish, Hobgoblin, Gnoll, Gnomish;

Abilities: Str 9, Int 14, Wis 12, Dex 16, Con 9, Ch 15;

Spells: Charm Person;

Special Abilities: +1 on initiative, +1 adjustment to reactions, elf abilities.  

Aithne of Far Isle, Level 3 Elf; Alignment: Neutral;  AC 5 (leather armor, -2 dex); Hit Dice 3; Hit Points 12; Attacks: dagger (d4) short bow (+2 to hit, 1d6 damage); Move: 90’; Languages: Common, Elvish, Orcish, Hobgoblin, Gnoll, Gnomish, Dwarven;

Abilities: Str 9, Int 16, Wis 15, Dex 16, Con 9, Ch 12,

Spells: Sleep, Charm Person, Web;

Special Abilities: +1 on initiative, +1 vs. magic-based saving throws, elf abilities.

Abel Artone, Fighter 1; Alignment: Neutral; AC: 4 (chain mail, shield); Hit Dice: 1; Hit Points: 10 (+2 from con); Attacks: long sword (+1 to hit, damage, 1d8+1); Move: 60’; Languages: Common;

Abilities: Str 15, Int 9, Wis 9, Dex 10, Con 16, Cha 8;

Special Abilities: +1 opening doors, -1 adjustment to reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment